Hey everyone! Sorry we’ve been inactive lately, but we’ll be starting to post more often now that school is about to start. Let us know if there’s any back to school topics or DIY’s that you’d like for us to talk about! Also, if you’d like to join the Fledged team, send us an application here! Thanks!
So, I recently discovered Sugarfina a few days ago & I really wanted to try it out. The original store is in Beverly Hills & they recently opened one up at the Americana. I decided to go to the Americana just because it’s closer for me.
I already knew that everything was a bit overpriced (I mean, it’s a candy store from Beverly Hills) but I wanted to try it out anyways. I walked in & was instantly greeted at the door. The employees asked if I wanted to try some samples & I said yes. I tried these pretzel bites dipped in chocolate & sprinkled with bacon. It sounds a bit odd but trust me, it was so good.
I started to look around and I literally wanted to eat everything. I ended up buying sample packs of their Champagne Bears & Wild Strawberry Fruittinis. I also ended up buying small boxes of their Cola Cuties & Peach Bellinis. Everything I got, except for the Strawberry Fruittinis were imported from Germany. The Strawberries were imported from Italy.
This candy store is known for its exotic varieties of candy. Most of the candies found here are exclusively found at Sugarfina. As far as I know, there are only two stores (I could be wrong but I haven’t found any other locations).
I thought the Champagne Bears were really good. Although they have a slight taste of Champagne, it’s not overpowering. It’s definitely a unique taste. I highly recommend trying them if you ever have the chance!
I really thought this place was unique and cool & I will definitely be going back. I was really impressed with this place. I mean, they don’t call it the Tiffany’s of candy for no reason. So, if you’re ever in the Beverly Hills or Glendale area, check out this place!
So, I’ve talked about Milk before but i decided to dedicate an entire post to this place. This is hands down my favorite go to dessert place in LA! After reading this post, you’ll be able to see why.
Milk is located on Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles. It’s near the Beverly Center and other streets such as Melrose. It’s on the corner and will definitely catch your eye.
If you’ve ever watched The Hills, you might have seen Lauren Conrad and her friends visit this place for some sweets. I knew about this place but I never visited it until last year. Honestly, it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
This place is pretty inexpensive and everything is absolutely delicious! They’re famous for their Thai Tea Ice Cream & Blue Velvet Cake. I know that blue velvet cake sounds weird but trust me, it’s delicious.
They also have pre-made ice cream sandwiches. They use macarons as the “bread”, which is pretty unique. You can order the ones they already have made or you can choose your own!
They also have different cupcakes such as red velvet but they also have this cute little thing called “Cupcake in a Cone”. They make it look like it’s a little sundae in an ice cream cone but it’s actually a cupcake. If you’ve really got a sweet tooth, I recommend you trying this!
Another thing I recommend trying are their cookies. They’re huge & super soft. They always taste fresh! Their Snickerdoodles & Chocolate Chip cookies are honestly the best!
Milk is honestly such a great place with great food at an affordable price! So, if you’re ever in the area & craving something sweet, head to Milk!
Disposable cameras are a great way to capture some memories because they’re super inexpensive and you can get them practically everywhere. Now, I know that disposable cameras might not produce the coolest pictures, but here’s a couple ways you can experiment with a disposable camera and who knows, you might end up with a couple Instagram worthy shots.
- Submerge your camera! These pictures were taken with a disposable camera that was dropped in a pool before being used. Try submerging your camera in a bunch of different liquids to see what happens! Just make sure the film is dry before you take it to get developed.
- Put your camera in the freezer for a while! It’ll make your pictures look foggy.
- Try heating your camera up! High heat will make your film look softer and you might get some light leaks.
- Create light leaks! Use a thumb tack or a small nail to punch holes into the camera. Make sure you start off small or else you might completely ruin your pictures.
- Damage your lens! Try melting your camera’s lens! You could also try scrubbing your lens with some steel wool or sandpaper.
- Take some double exposures! Charge your camera’s flash and smack your camera on the palm of your hand. The camera’s flash should go off and you’ll have a super cool double exposure
- Create your own filters! Try covering your camera’s lens or flash with materials like colored cellophane and transparent candy wrappers.
If you’re looking for more inspiration try looking at these two flickr groups. Both are full of pictures taken on damaged disposable cameras. If you try any of these tricks, let us know how it turns out!
Summer is just around the corner and as the temperature goes up it’s hard to keep your makeup from sweating off your face. Here’s a couple makeup products that are perfect for the warmer months.
- In the summer months, creme eyeshadows are a must! They’re super low maintenance and they’re perfect to give a wash of color on your lids.
- Once the weather warms up, I skip powder blushes completely and start using cheek stains! They last longer than powder blushes and a lot of times they look more natural. Also, you can use them as a lip stain, too!
- Wearing foundation in the summer is such a pain so I recommend using a tinted moisturizer! They have SPF and just enough coverage to keep your skin looking great. If you have a heard time finding the perfect shade, take a drop of your favorite foundation and add a drop of your favorite moisturizer and mix it together and apply it like you would a foundation!
- If you’re planning on wearing a cat eye this summer, waterproof liquid liner is a must! Stila has a great waterproof liner that I definitely recommend.
- If you’re as obsessed with filling in your eyebrows as I am, I recommend picking up a waterproof eyebrow gel. You don’t want to jump into the pool with eyebrows and come out without them! Makeup Forever has a great waterproof brow gel that comes in a bunch of different shades.
- This one’s pretty obvious, but you definitely can’t forget waterproof mascara! As much as it is a pain to get off, it’s definitely worth not getting raccoon eyes the second you jump into a pool.
What are some of your favorite summer-proof makeup items? We’d love to hear them! If there’s any other topics you’d like for us to talk about, let us know!
right now all we have is a tumblr, but thank you so much!!
When I saw this DIY I thought it would be nearly impossible, but it turned out to be pretty easy and it came out to be really cute! You can make this case using any flowers that you have around your house or you can pick up a small bouquet at the market if you have to. If you do make this DIY, I recommend using a surface that you don’t care about getting ruined because some of the supplies are a little messy. Now, keep reading to find out how to get this super cute phone case.
Here’s what you need:
- pressed flowers (fresh flowers and a book will do)
- epoxy resin (and something to mix it with, I used a paper cup and a plastic knife)
- phone case
- craft glue
- glitter (optional)
- nail polish remover (with acetone)
- cotton swabs
Now, here’s what you have to do:
- Press your flowers! Pick some flowers from your garden and put them in a book and place something heavy on top of the book. Leave them like that for a week and check on the flowers. If they’re dry then you’re good, if not, leave them in the book for another week and check on them every couple days until they’re dry. This process is kind of long but if the flowers aren’t completely dry the resin will make the colors of the flowers bleed and your phone case will look like a mess.
- Arrange your flowers on the case until you get something you like. Once you have the flowers where you want them, use a little craft glue to stick the flowers in place.
- Once the craft glue has dried start mixing your resin. Make sure you follow the directions that come with the resin or else it might not dry correctly.
- Carefully pour the resin onto the phone case and use a plastic knife to spread the resin evenly (you can add glitter at this point.) If you get any resin on the edges or in any other places you don’t want it, use a cotton swab dipped in some nail polish remover to get it off. If there’s bubbles in the resin, blow softly until they pop. Most of the bubbles will pop on their own.
- Leave your phone case to dry. Mine was done over night, but some resin might take longer to dry. If you notice that you missed a couple spots, feel free to pour more resin. Once the case is dry, you’re done!
If you try this DIY, we’d love to see how it turns out! Submit us a picture of your phone case! Let us know if there’s any other DIY’s that you guys would like to see.
Let me start off by saying that I read TFIOS when it first came out and I loved it. I devoured the book and at the end it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. When I found out that it was being made into a movie I was a little apprehensive because I wasn’t sure how it would turn out.
After I read the book, I kinda forgot about it to be honest. I was always reminded of it thanks to my tumblr dash, but I never really thought about it much once I finished the book. As the movies release date came closer and teaser trailers were being played constantly on television I became really apprehensive about seeing it in the theater (mostly because Shailene Woodley’s acting bothers me and I never realized how cringey Augustus Waters was until I saw someone, in real life, saying what he said).
The Thursday before the movie came out, my mom asked my sister and I if we would want to go see it that night and we both said yes so we headed to the movie theaters at nine at night and got our tickets. We sat down and everything was fine until everyone in the theater started screaming the moment the movie started. At that point I immediately regretted my decision to see the movie, but for the next hour and a half or however long the film was I sat there and watched one of my favorite books from high school being brought to life on screen.
After the movie was over, I was actually surprised by how much I liked it. It stayed very true to the book and it was literally everything I thought it would be. Even though I usually don’t like Shailene Woodley, I thought she portrayed Hazel Grace extremely well. Overall the cast was great and the movie itself was great. If you read the book, I’m sure you don’t need this review to convince you to see the movie, but to those of you who didn’t I really believe that this movie is worth watching.
What are your thoughts on TFIOS? We’d love to hear them!
For this week’s installment of Get The Look, I decided to recreate two outfits from one of my favorite movies: Reality Bites.
The first outfit is for Lelaina and the second is for Vickie. Both characters embody two totally different, but equally cool styles from the nineties. Lelaina’s style is very relaxed and a little preppy, whereas Vickie takes a lot of inspiration from retro styles.
For Lelaina’s outfit I went with a patterned maxi skirt and a turtleneck crop top. I paired that with a backpack to carry all your stuff in, some platform loafers (which I am completely obsessed with), and some preppy shades.
For Vickie’s outfit I grabbed this basic dress that I thought would be perfect for Vickie. I paired the dress with some orange opaque tights and some fisherman sandals which are totally nineties. To top it off I added these super cool blue shades that I love.
What do you think about these outfits? Are there any characters you’d like for us to do a Get The Look segment on? Let us know in our ask box!